What is the purpose of this document?
This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by or on behalf of Portas Global.
We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with all applicable data protection laws in force from time to time including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
What the law says
We will comply with data protection law (GDPR). This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
The information we may collect
The information about you we may collect, hold and process as part of our business process is set out below. “Personal data” is any information about a living individual from which they can be identified such as:-
- Your name
- Your address
- Date of birth
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Employment history
- Proof of identity and/or residence
- Whether you need permission to work
- Personal Tax Identifier
- Pension Identifier
- Bank details
- Marital status
How we use your personal information
The above information is used to ensure Portas Global can perform it’s HR and Payroll duties.
How we hold the information
The personal information set out above is stored on our computer system and the computer system of our third party provider and is accessed by authorised Portas Global employees for the purposes specified.
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
We may from time to time need to transfer your personal information to support partners which are located outside the European Economic Area, for the purpose of ensuring our processes are operating correctly or in relation to third parties to whom we share your data. Any transfer of your data will be subject to adequate levels of protection that will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
Disclosure of your information
Your information will not be disclosed to any organisation outside of Portas Global except for any third party service providers involved with our business activities. However, it may be necessary to share your data with Government agencies such as HM Revenue and Customs, or the Home Office or legal advisors.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your employment or consultancy term.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact Anna Taylor, Portas Global Limited, 2 King Street, Nottingham, Nottingham, NG1 2AS.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact Anna Taylor. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Retention of your data
Your data will be retained for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with our Data Retention Policy.
Who to contact
If you have any questions or concerns comments regarding our data processing practices you can contact our data protection compliance manager, Anna Taylor at the following address Portas Global Limited, 2 King Street, Nottingham, Nottingham, NG1 2AS.
Further information on data protection (including your right to complain about the use of your personal data) can be found on The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), website www.ico.org.uk